• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

New to all this, please advise on our site please!

Dear all,

We have recently (last 2 weeks) set up our online store and have read some of the posts on here and took on board many of the brilliant comments and advice already suggested. We are now google verified, as of today! 

I would appreciate it if you could have a look and let us know what you think? I have set up a FB account which isn’t doing very well as I have only just set up a personal one, with very few ‘friends’ but my twitter account is doing ok as I am promoting it through my personal account that has 2k+ followers. Lots of lovely comments there and RTs. Slowly and surely right? Smiley Happy

I was wondering what you think about a blog on the site, every now and then talking though what we have made and what we’re up to? We are going to put a video on showing how we engrave. That will be done soon. 

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly received. 

Our site is www.hartys.co.uk 

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: New to all this, please advise on our site please!

@Hartys

Good job!  Nice site! Smiley Wink

What stuck out for me is there was no About page (above and beyond the generic blurb on the home page.)  You can take that blurb and build upon it on a whole About page that talks about you, why you are passionate about your work, how you got started and has photos of you (even photos of you crafting your items).  I wanted to know more about you -- the person behind the skill-set making those beautiful items!

Folks love stories, and getting to know the person/people behind a site -- especially since you are such craftsmen!  By selling "you", you are making your items even more special.

For your blog, when you are making your items you can chronicle with photos showing each step and the detail and time you put into each item.  Not a how-to but a way to show the care and detail you put into your items.

Also mentioning how returns are handled (hopefully there will be none) on your FAQ page is advised. This is also where you would mention that custom engraved items are not returnable unless there is an error/defect in the product.

Good luck and HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison
    New

Thank you very much @Muse, it all makes sense! 

I have updated what you’ve suggested and added some more photos. I’ve never done a blog before so every day is a school day right mow!

Thanks again

Smiley Happy

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

@Hartys

Outstanding -- glad to help!  Hey, don't worry -- I've been at this 23 years and I still learn new things all the time.  So we are all in school for perpetuity -- that's just part of this gig!

Good thing you are a quick study! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison
    New

Very true! Thanks again 👍🏻