cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper II

Okay...I have this website...

...and I personally think that it is a very good website (but it's still being worked on, although, it is virtually finished), but what does the 'Community Experts' think of it?

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Okay...I have this website...

It is hard to read walls of text on computer screens.  IMHO more should be done to break it up.

I have a rule of thumb that a visitor shouldn't need to move their head to read paragraphs in main content blocks, rather just follow along with their eyes.  You can use responsive techniques so that they're full width on smaller screens, but split into columns on larger screens.

Relevant images can be added to the sections to make them seem less intimidating and easier to engage.  This can make reading the content more interesting, and feel less like a chore.

Then on a technical note I noticed on every page the Home navigation link is identified as 'active'.  Ideally this would be scripted to identify the navigation link for the page a visitor is currently on as 'active'.

Hope this helps, best of luck with the website.

Helper II

What's IMHO?

Damo

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

@damouk23 wrote:

What's IMHO?

(in my humble opinion)

Helper II

@Nate,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Regarding the website, I've decided to get it ready for the net, and once it's "Live", then I'll start changing it as well as adding to it.  At the moment, I'm just trying to get my head around all of the problems I'm having with the Search Engine Visibility software on my domain.  I am hoping that it'll be sorted soon.

Anyway, thank you again,

Yours truely

Damo