• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Getting Started

Suggestions on my new business website

Hi All,

I just started a new business and would like some tips on my website. I am having a lot of trouble with editing, seems I have very little control. I would like my product pictures to be larger (like they are when you right click and open in a new window), but would also like feedback on the other parts.

Here is my site:

Neverlasting Bird Toys

Thank you in advance!

Terry

1 REPLY 1
    Super User 2020

@terryd   Cute site, Terry!  Who knew there were so many bird toys!

Comments...

=> The photo on the left above the fold on the home page seems blurry -- that tells me it may not be the right size for that space?

=> I noticed on your FAQ page that you are on Twitter and Facebook.  I would place linked/clickable social icons somewhere in the footer and/or header.

=> On the TOS at the bottom you have your gmail address.  You should be using your domain email address at all times -- that's part of your branding. In addition having clickable mailto links get farmed by spammers and your spam will increase exponentially.  Instead link to a contact form where you also have the opporutnity to ask for the informaiton you need to assist better right out of the gate.

=> I would add an About page with photos of your and your birds (I assume you have some?)  Talk about why you do what you do, what your passions are, why you started your website, your quality control -- with a dash of personal info.  Helps to humanize you and appear more approachable -- a real person!

=> I don't see a Blog.  Adding useful content about birds, your products and even customer's birds will be crucial to growing your site and becoming a hub for your niche.

You didn't mention what platform you are on but I do know that most "builders" are very limiting.  It's the nature of the beast.  But I am surprised that product photos cannot be enlarged.  That should be standard and customary for any eCom platform.

You are off to a good start! HTH! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady