Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Building & Managing Client Sites
  • Building & Managing Client Sites

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Kevin0wens
    Getting Started

Building a book publishing site

Hi,

How to go about building a book publisher site, e.g., https://notionpress.com/ or https://pothi.com/ ?

I am mainly concerned about how to setup/config the members/authors (memberpress, but what about the uploaded manuscripts) area. 

Seems to me Wordpress cms is the way to go, but, again how to setup the books/manuscripts submission area under authors/members section?

Appreciate the guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

@Kevin0wens 

See you didn't get a response on this... Are you still entertaining this project?

Based on the pretty general description that you provided above, what jumps out at me is file storage and resources.  MemberPress allows you to set members to be able to upload files/docs so that's not a concern.   

The thing is that manuscripts are probably going to be hefty files.  Some may even be larger than the max allowed by WordPress (resources) or your hosting (storage allowance).   

So for a project like this, that's where I would start my investigation -- hosting and the anticipated file upload and storage requirements a site of that type would require.

HTH!

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@Kevin0wens 

See you didn't get a response on this... Are you still entertaining this project?

Based on the pretty general description that you provided above, what jumps out at me is file storage and resources.  MemberPress allows you to set members to be able to upload files/docs so that's not a concern.   

The thing is that manuscripts are probably going to be hefty files.  Some may even be larger than the max allowed by WordPress (resources) or your hosting (storage allowance).   

So for a project like this, that's where I would start my investigation -- hosting and the anticipated file upload and storage requirements a site of that type would require.

HTH!

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post