• Building and Managing a Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    car00l
    Skilled

Host setup

I can't setup my host cpanel, it says "domain already in use" even though the domain is parked at godaddy. Please guide me.

14 REPLIES
    mdwpsyd
    Proficient

Re: Host setup

You need to Unpark your domain

Then find your domain's nameservers

Then go to your hosting account and follow the instructions as you started to do before. 

I hope this helps. 

Mark

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology
    car00l
    Skilled

Thanks @mdwpsyd

But reading through the instructions of "Unpark your domain", these steps involved getting the DNS..

And your next step is where I can get the DNS...

I don't have my own DNS, I used what godaddy has given by default... also, to park a domain you have to point your A(host) @ to this IP 50.63.202.32... I don't have my own IP yet, so I can't change that.

mdwpsyd
    Proficient

What kind of hosting account do you have with GoDaddy?

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    car00l
    Skilled

@mdwpsyd

It's a Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel.

And the domain name is currently parked at godaddy.

Is there email support where I can contact godaddy?

car00l
    Skilled

http://i.imgur.com/1TZaSoY.png

This image shows it says "These are the domains in your account that aren't already hosted."

And I can select the domain. But I can't finish it because everytime I'm on the last step, it goes back on that screenshot.

mdwpsyd
    Proficient

Hmmm. I see what you mean. 

I would call GoDaddy: (480) 505-8877

They are available 24/7, and have always been very helfpul whenever I've called, and I've been a GoDaddy customer for 10+ years.

If you are outside the U.S. and it's an expensive call then the Chat support is also good. I don't know their exact hours for Chat, probably something like 1500 to 2300 -00:00 (UTC/GMT)

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    car00l
    Skilled

Yeap I was thinking on calling godaddy, but it's too costly on my location.

I have contacted them in the past (I haven't had problems that much) using the email support, but can't seem to find it. Chat support is offline on my end. So I'm not sure what to do now.

Thanks anyway...

Hi @car00l,

If you're still seeing any issues, please try using our chat support option to speak with our team. You may need to keep the chat page open and check periodically if there is no space available in the queue when you first try to launch a session.  Once a spot opens up in the queue, you'll be able to speak to a chat agent who can help you get everything working properly.  Please note that the hours of operation for chat support are Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM (Arizona, USA time zone).  We look forward to speaking to you.  Thanks.  

mdwpsyd
    Proficient

MPC wrote:

Please note that the hours of operation for chat support are Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM (Arizona, USA time zone).

Wow, that's better than I thought. Nice. 

Btw, determining your local time, based on the time in Arizona, can be a little tricky because Arizona remains on Mountain Standard Time (MST) year-round, i.e., the state does not change to Daylight Savings Time. 

Most of you probably know of this resource, but just in case...

To find out what time it is in Phoenix, Arizona right now:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/phoenix

To convert your local time to Phoenix (MST) time, or vice-versa, use the Time Zone Converter:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

TimeAndDate.com is also available in Norwegian (they are a Norse company ;o) and German:

http://www.timeanddate.no/ – Norway (norsk)
    http://www.timeanddate.de/ – Germany (Deutsch)

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    SamHobbs
    Mentor

You did not specify where the domain name is registered. I will assume it is GoDaddy.

The IP address will be the GoDaddy IP address for your hosting. If you go to your GoDaddy hosting service you can find the IP address. Then go to your domain (from Domains) and go to the Zone file and specify IP address. I am not sure, but you probably need to change the nameservers. Changing the nameservers I think is essentially what "unparking the domain" does.

This happens because of the nameservers issue. First, You have to unpack the domain name. Second, point your domain name to the right nameservers. You must have received any email from Godaddy at the time of registering your domain name. Refer to that email to find your nameservers, else, contact customer support over phone.

Regards

Tauseef

MBAFrog

yigalbb
    Novice

cant create Create a cPanel

hi

just open account for webhosting and domain.

when going to Create a cPanel im entering 

usere nameqpassword all is green means its

ok but the NEXT butten stays gray and not active.

thanx

Diva22-
    Novice

Re: cant create Create a cPanel

I am also stuck exactly there as well...what gives!

grampamike
    Novice

Re: cant create Create a cPanel

it is looking for a symbol..