cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    BobLewisPhoto
    Experienced

How to duplicate a product page several times in wordpress

On a woo commerce site I need to create many product pages that will be very similar. With a regular site I would make one page and basically "save as" a different file name to create all the pages I need. Then I would edit the small changes on all the pages or through a style sheet.

Is there a similar way to do this in wordpress? Can I do it with FileZilla? Will the wordpress interface react properly to the manually created pages? Any problems with this strategy? The theme is canvas and I'll be using UberMenu, if that matters.

Thanks!

Bob

3 REPLIES
    Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
    Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
    Solution

Re: How to duplicate a product page several times in wordpress

Hey, Bob:

What you can do in WooCommerice is duplicate a page -- then just change any details for the new product. 

Sidebar > Products

When you mouse-over the product title, you'll see a link DUPLICATE.  Click on that and then modify for your new product.  Customized the title and details to be unique to your new product and save.

Be sure to modify the Permalink to be unique to the new product -- and remove "copy" -- which is appended in the duplication process. 

HTH! ;-)

P.S. I don't work for GoDaddy. Just hanging out; helping out where I can.

BobLewisPhoto
    Experienced

Sounds great Muse. Thank you. Cant wait to try that :-)

Bob

BobLewisPhoto
    Experienced

Hello Muse,

I looked at your directions and now I see to do that. As usual that leads me to more questions. When I create a new product does that create a new page for that product or just another product in a database or something like that? I was trying to use a megamenu with many links to each product page similar to this website. If you look under "Shop by team" you'll see what I mean.

http://www.collegefootballstore.com/

If the woo commerce products do not all have their own page that I can link to, is there a way I can have the user search for their team and have the products returned without getting products from similar teams? For example if they search for Arizona State they shouldn't see products for every team that has the word State.

Thanks again!

Bob