• Building and Managing a Website
  • Building and Managing a Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Andrew_Wang
    Novice

Is it possible to create an offline Dummy Website to edit?

Is it possible to create an offline website to edit?

7 REPLIES
    Pro Community Founder Accomplished Pro Community Founder Accomplished
    Pro Community Founder Accomplished

Re: Side Dummy Website

Not really, that I know of. It is possible to discourage search engines from indexing your site, but that depends on what kind of site you are working with.

The best method would be to create the site on you local machine then upload the site once you are finished.

~ eVersatile
    wirewolf86
    Novice

Re: Side Dummy Website

eVersatile wrote:

Not really, that I know of. It is possible to discourage search engines from indexing your site, but that depends on what kind of site you are working with.

The best method would be to create the site on you local machine then upload the site once you are finished.

How do you do this with website builder 7?

kyleandrew
    Novice

Re: Is it possible to create an offline Dummy Website to edit?

All you have to do is have pages not published. If they are already published, put them back in draft status.

The website is functional even if pages are not published.

MikeC1
    Novice

yes it is, install xammp, follow the instructions, set up a database, and you can install wordpress on localhost

technaoman
    Skilled

How do you set a page in draft status?

dmdj
    Novice

I would like to do the same thing. I want to create a website using wordpress without it being live until i'm done. I currently have a working website on a different hosting service. I just bought hosting from godaddy and i am going to host the new site there. The current website has the same domain name as the one i am wanting to build. I was hoping to make this new one and replace the old once done. Any ideas?

Theking4345
    Novice

I have the exact same issue.. have an operating website and domain name with another host.  I would like to create the new site while the old site is still operational but when ready use the same domain name we already have.  I'm a novice to this.