Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    helpupworks
    Novice

Password protecting a page using website builder 7

Has anyone figured out a way to password protect certain pages on their website?  An earlier post indicated that this was not possible on Website Builder 7, but I am hoping someone has found a way around this.

2 REPLIES
    Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
    Pro Community Founder Artisan
    Solution

Re: Password protecting a page using website builder 7

There is not a way around this, you would need a traditional web hosting account capable of server side scripting and databases.  Depending on your skill level you may want to consider switching and then using one of the available free CMS (content management system, like WordPress or Joomla) applications to help build the website.

Clary8419
    Novice

Re: Password protecting a page using website builder 7

Ok so, I'm no expert and the solution I found isn't exactly what you would call password protected. But for what I needed it worked just fine. I Google searched a very basic login html. Then I created a page that isn't displayed on my website. Like I said it's not exactly password protected. If you know the direct URL you could find it. But I'm the only person that knows that. It is very basic, like I said, I'm no expert. It only has one user name and password. Hope this helps.