cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    rookie54
    Apprentice

Photo Gallery images come in square

I'm pretty new to this. My 1st attempt to construct a photo gallery, and all the photos come in cropped to a square format. How do I bring them in with their original proportion/crop?

9 REPLIES
    GoDaddy Pro Mentor
    GoDaddy Pro Mentor

Re: Photo Gallery images come in square

@rookie54 What platform are you using for your photo gallery? Wordpress, WebsiteBuilder, Gallery, Zenphoto or something else?

rookie54
    Apprentice

@oslinux, Website Builder. Unfamiliar with the other platforms.

rookie54
    Apprentice

I just did a site preview prior to publishing. Cool! When I click on the square gallery image, the fully cropped image pops up. Excellent! This is acceptable to me.

My issue is a non-issue   : )

same question re: the images coming up square in photo gallery.  Working with the website builder.  Yes, i see that when clicked on, they appear in their uncropped form , but it would be great if in the photo gallery they were uncropped as the photos i'm working with are paintings!

techlady
    Skilled

Dear rookie 54,

The reason you're having trouble with this is that GoDaddy limits your ability to change the proportions of images in order to get you to buy more stuff. That's why the sides, or the tops and bottoms of your images keep getting cut off. Changing image proportions is pretty basic stuff, but they seem to see it as a money maker.

One way to handle this is to use a standard image editor (GIMP (free), Photoshop) to create an image who proportions match the image block on Site Builder. My guess is 5x4. I say guess, because GoDaddy doesn't tell us what it is. Then you add white space or empty space on the margins on your image to make it fit into 5x4. It's ridiculous, but that's the only solution I can see.

Techlady

votivecrown
    Novice

Thank you for posting, I was having the same issue and assumed that was the only solution. They really try to charge you for basic features.

techlady
    Skilled
    Solution

I finally found someone in Support who could solve this. It's a matter of timing.

You click on "Image" in the left column, and a list of your images appears (as well as "Browse," if you are adding  new one). You choose the one you want and click "Insert."

At this point the image appears on your page with a dotted line around it and heavy black brackets at the corners of the dotted line. If you want to change the proportions, you have to do it now, before you click "OK." You grab one of the heavy black corners and move it until the dotted line around the image is the shape you want. Only then do you click "OK." After you click "OK," you can change the size of the image and you can move it around, but you can't change its proportions.

Beul
    LeslieKI2
    Novice

If you are in Website Builder - simply Right click on the slideshow box you created. In the menu box, UNCLICK the Automatic zoom to fit. Each entire picture will appear in the slideshow. It took me a while to figure this one out.