• Building and Managing a Website
  • Building and Managing a Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Problem changing menu bar color

When I change the color of my menu bar, there appears to be a grid around the options that stays the original color. I even deleted the default menu bar, and created a new one. Same problem. Screenshot can be viewed at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahma6wcc11dqjlt/Menu%20Bar.png?dl=0. Default color was a yellow gold. I'm trying to change it to a dark red. What am I doing wrong?

8 REPLIES
    Imran520
    Novice

Re: Problem changing menu bar color

same problem here in this website. what is the solution?

http://www.pakistanjobs.pk/

Hey @kharding1958

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Looks like this might be part of the theme which can't be directly controlled through the color options within the page designer. Your welcome to reach out to our live support so they can help review it with you directly to see if there's another solution with the theme you're using.

Let us know what they manage to find for you. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Solution

You're right.  These separating lines are based on the theme.  It doesn't make any sense that they would have the option to change the color of the bar, but not give you the option to change the color of these lines.  Or at least associate the color of these lines to the color the user chooses for the bar.  The Chat Agent said she would pass along my suggestion to give users the option to change the color of the separating lines.

MelissaTodd
    Novice

I don't have outlines on the major menu items, but I do have them around the drop-down menu boxes. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

Hi @MelissaTodd!

Welcome to the community! Navigation design is part of the them you've chosen. The only way to change it is to change the theme. This restarts the site.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    samfuller86
    Novice

Is there any way of being able to change this using HTML coding, rather than rebuilding the site from scratch?

Heather wrote:

Hi @MelissaTodd!

Welcome to the community! Navigation design is part of the them you've chosen. The only way to change it is to change the theme. This restarts the site.

That's a really bad feature of WB.  It's a great idea to have themes, but a terrible one to not allow even basic formatting/styling changes (same with line spacing in text boxes).  If you use/buy themes from just about any provider on the  web for Wordpress (for instance) you can change virtually anything in the style sheets to achieve the look/feel or color palette you want.  I understand that WB is a rudimentary product, but those are fairly rudimentary changes.  Hope this changes soon.

kjls
    Novice

Agree 100% - this absolutely needs to be an offered tool. It's a basic one.