cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    cdisalv21
    Novice

Website Content Backup

I have 2 websites hosted by GoDaddy that have had the content deleted. I wanted to find out if that content has been backed up. The last site deleted was due to a website builder expiration. The 1 year subscription for the site was still in force, but the auto renew feature for the website builder charged a secondary card that had been compromised. There was an active card in the billing section that was chargeable, but that was not attempted by the auto renew feature. Consequently, the content of the site was deleted, and I was not warned or notified. Some assistance in this matter would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES
    Solution

Re: Website Content Backup

Welcome to the community! @cdisalv21

I'm sorry to hear your website has been deleted. The auto renewal system will not attempt to charge the credit cards in your account without prior designation. To change the payment method for auto renew going forward, please see: Change the payment method for auto renew

With regard to restoring the site, it is possible that our live support team may be able to recover the content if it was recently deleted. You'll want to reach out to support as soon as possible. Here is how they can be reached: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx 

RD3 - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    cdisalv21
    Novice

Thank you RD3 for your reply. I have contacted support already, and they were unable to help me. The  subscription to my website disalvatoreinc.com was in force, and not set for renewal until October 2016. Godaddy however deleted my site in July for not charging the correct card for just the website builder. I had a valid card on file. I was never contacted or warned in any way, and I lost a large amount of content that took many hours to create. If someone could make the extra effort to retrieve that content, I would appreciate it. You would think as a courtesy the content could be backed up for situations like this. I did not get the impression that sufficient effort was being made to help me when I contacted support. If someone could make that effort, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

ScottWhite
    Novice

Similar issue, I was told the site could not be restored...  I used the web site builder, shame on me!  I was lucky, in that I was testing the hosting and site builder before moving my eCommerce sites.

I do think the web site templates are great, but the builder has a ton of issues.  I lost several versions of the sites (if you add a section type, Content for example) to multiple pages it will overwrite the sections at times.  The site content also "resets", the provided images become distorted, or disappear.

I would not recommend using the hosting or website builder for a site that you need to be up or that supports changes to content through the site builder tool.   I would look around more, at other service providers, unless you are planning to dump the entire site/domain after a year or the free trail.  

Same with me. They took out my website, because I used the stupid website builder and only that expired. My website was still on - GoDaddy this is seriously disappointing.