Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    josephlim
    Novice

how do I add a blog to my site?

how do I add a blog to my site?

godaddy says it no longer supported it, but I see its sample website has one:

http://brooklyndenimco.com/blogs/news

30 REPLIES
    tmaj
    Proficient

Re: how do I add a blog to my site?

@josephlim

Don't know what you are using to build your site ... But, WSB V7 has an option, on the Left side tool bar for "Blog/RSS" . .... punch it up and see what happens. Beyond that, I can't help.

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hey there,

@josephlim

Currently WSBv7 does not give you the ability to host a blog on your site. 
    But you can add a link or an app-like window to your website if you have an existing blog elsewhere. 

Here's how to link a blog: 

1. Open your Website Builder v7 app. 

2. Click Edit Site

3. On the left-hand side bar menu, click RSS/Blog.

4. Click on the example blog window that pops up, then click on the Settings button

5. Under Blog Settings enter the URL to the blog you want to link to. 

From here you can customize different options, like # of listings, and layout. You can also click Advanced for further customization. 

6. Click Save when you're done. 

Hope that helps!

-GoDaddy Help Writer 

tmaj
    Proficient

@Warn I'm not interested in a blog, but it's sure nice to see some professional help on here!

Employee
    Employee

@tmaj Happy to help out! Hopefully @josephlim might find this useful. 

Palidin
    Novice

Can someone give me a clue to adding a blog or a company that has simple blogs that can be linked to.

Employee
    Employee

@Palidin If the above steps aren’t what you’re looking for then I’d try Blogger (you need a Google account for this), Wordpress, or Tumblr.  

Once your blog is created you can copy and past the URL into WSBv7 for your visitors to go to.  (See previous post for steps on how to do this.) 

i cant for the life of me get it to take my free wordpress site

Employee
    Employee

@empoweringjoy I'm looking into it and I'll see what I can do to help.  I won't be able to get back to you for a week or so, but I will respond.  Thank you for your patience.  

rob2
    Novice

@Warn; I'm also having issues. I have no problems dropping the blog link into my page and getting to the settings, but once I paste my blog site address into the box it comes back as unrecognizable. The link isn't the problem so I am not sure why it will not recognize it. It is a Tumblr blog site too.

AngelLove
    Novice

I also cannot get my Wordpress Blog to become recognizable. I am really hoping GoDaddy will find a solution to this, because it is important to have the blog show up on the website. Please let me know what I can do. Thanks.

Employee
    Employee

Hey all, 

I see what you guys are talking about and it's not ideal.  I've passed this onto the Website Builder team and in the meantime, I'd recommend trying again on a different browser.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  

pwngsd
    Novice

Wordpess not recognized

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm searching because I've just run into the same problem. It comes back as unrecognized address even though it is a wordpress account set up through the godaddy domain.

pwngsd
    Novice

Apparently it doesn't work and GoDaddy doesn't give a rat's ass. It's been an issue for years.

Here is a workaround to create HTML code and do it w/o their possessed button.

http://feed.mikle.com/

lufcok23
    Novice

I have being trying to do this for months, following the procedure outlined here. However, I always get a message that it can't find my feed. When I engaged with online chat a couple of months ago I was told that there was a bug that was in the process of being fixed but with no expected resolution date. Today I tried again and same thing. 

I can only conclude that it is not being worked on and find it very poor that something that should be so simple is being neglected from the service. Moreover, if the functionality does not work...then remove it altogether?

My blog added, but, looks like crap when it renders on the 'Blog/Rss' page on my GoDaddy website.  This is definitely not acceptable.

GoDaddy...when will this be fixed?  What's the timeline?  

Hello @ArleneHall99!

Thank you for your reply! I'm sorry your Blog/Rss feed doesn't look right on your Website Builder. This should not be the case and I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to report this and have them review it with you.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    GreenStar
    Novice

I Just Joined and I see thousands of Posts.  My biggest need is finding the best way to get a professional website created, designed and published and then "optimized" (SEO) for less than $1,000.  Any ideas anyone?  My site now was made by me at Vistaprint and it looks cheap.  Any help or suggestions or volunteers (paid obviously) will be appreciated...

George - GreenStarAlliance

TimDallasTX
    Novice

Not a resolved solutions, but a work-around.  For website editor, still disappointed in GoDaddy's Website Builder.  Your competition has solved this seamlessly.  If you need help, check out Weebly, Wix, Sitebuilder, Wordpress, and others.  I expected a better solution from GoDaddy.

TheLedges
    Novice

Hello, I am using Google's Blogger, and I followed these steps; but it does not update the posts. Why is that?

AJ_
    Novice

Hi,

Per #5, does this mean I should another url outside my domain, or could I point to a page within my domain?

Thanks,

AJ_

DebG
    Novice

The blog I set up in Wordpress and had successfully installed on my website now just renders a Loading page that never loads.

Is this because that the API is no longer supported?  If so, what is the workaround/new process?

many thanks!

BlueDevil
    Novice

Same problem as everyone else. The blog I had on my site no longer works. The widget is no longer even in the palette. All GoDaddy's documentation still references something that doesn't exist anymore. Time to find a new provider as GoDaddy is worthless.

HSC_Stefan
    Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I added this to my URL as suggested in the help section \feed but now it is just hanging saying LOADING and the wheel of death is whirring

ScottyV
    Novice

I don't want to link to a blog, I want to include a blog, several actually. Can I do that with Godaddy? Do I have to create a blog with someone else, blogger or blue host and then link to it? I was told by Godaddy staff before I purchased the service that I could blog from my site.

Why is this limited to only 10 blog posts?  The slider doesn't go beyond that point.

I have been using this same thing (feed.mikle.com), and it's better than nothing, but lacks certain formatting control.  Have you found anything better?

Jenny01
    Novice

What is the best blog, to match on my website. I tried tumblr and it gave me an error on my page. Or do i not have the ability to add a blog/photo album for updated pictures with an explanation. Thank you so much. I really like how simple a website is, to put together. The intimidation of it kept us from having one until now.
    johnwick57
    Novice

Hi, Can anyone help me adding a blog to Mywifiext.net. If anyone can help me please let me know.
    Hopeful
    Accomplished

Can anyone tell me if this is up and running now? Is it working with the free Wordpress blog okay? I

Hopeful
    Accomplished

Looked at the site mentioned by the person posing the first question. Their blog is on Shopify...