• GoDaddy Community
  • Buying & Selling Domains
  • Buying & Selling Domains

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How can I place a .co.uk domain backorder?

I've bought a domain name backorder from GoDaddy and I went to use it but noticed that .co.uk extension is not listed and when I add a backorder for a .co.uk domain name it says: "These domain extensions may not be monitored or backordered."

Could someone explain to me why this is the case and what I can do about it? Cheers 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User 2020

Many of the country-code TLDs have their own procedures for how things like transfers and expiring domains are handled. You may be able to find a service that specializes in the country-code TLD you're after.

Hi @benji02,

Welcome to the Community!

The Registry for the .UK domains (Nominet) does not permit the backorder option on their domains. Their return upon expiration and processing at the Registry differs from other domains, like .com, .org, etc. That ccTLD has several unique requirements that you can read about here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support
    2 REPLIES 2
    Super User 2020

Many of the country-code TLDs have their own procedures for how things like transfers and expiring domains are handled. You may be able to find a service that specializes in the country-code TLD you're after.

Hi @benji02,

Welcome to the Community!

The Registry for the .UK domains (Nominet) does not permit the backorder option on their domains. Their return upon expiration and processing at the Registry differs from other domains, like .com, .org, etc. That ccTLD has several unique requirements that you can read about here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support