• GoDaddy Community
  • Buying & Selling Domains
  • Buying & Selling Domains

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

purchase domain name via GoDaddy

I paid GoDaddy $69.95 to purchase a domain name three months ago. Never heard back from GoDaddy. 

4 REPLIES 4
    justingodfrey
    Rockstar II

@nickfourth wrote:

I paid GoDaddy $69.95 to purchase a domain name three months ago. Never heard back from GoDaddy. 

@nickfourth I'm not aware of any domain extension that costs $69.95, you may have purchased the domain buy service which simply tries to put you in touch with the owner. Does this sound familiar?

---

I did purchase the domain buy service. I gave GoDaddy a price range to get the domain name but never heard back as to the company/person who owns it or the reaction to the request to buy.

@nickfourth wrote:

I did purchase the domain buy service. I gave GoDaddy a price range to get the domain name but never heard back as to the company/person who owns it or the reaction to the request to buy.

@nickfourth Correct, the owner of the domain name has the option to accept/counter or just ignore the offer. Maybe you'll want to try increasing your offer?

---

Full story. The company in Amsterdam that GoDaddy thinks owns the domain name actually sold its assets to an American company a couple of years ago. So, they obviously would not respond. I'm surprised GoDaddy didn't pick this up...