• Content And SEO Marketing
  • Content And SEO Marketing

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    robertyount
    Novice

Meta tags, keywords, where do I see them to edit? Also, can anyone tell me how to index my site

6 REPLIES

Re: Meta tags, keywords, where do I see them to edit? Also, can anyone tell me how to index my site

Hello @robertyount, it would really depend on what type of hosting or Website Builder you're using.  I'd recommend giving our live support teams a call so they can review your account and let you know how you would add the meta tags & keywords to your particular hosting plan.  Thanks.

MPC

Floyt5050
    Novice

Re: Meta tags, keywords, where do I see them to edit? Also, can anyone tell me how to index my site

That is a weak answer which serves to simply drum up business for your SEO Deptartment.

If this forum is going to become a viable source of information.....answer the question correctly by telling this user that Keywords are Search Terms that you should feature on your pages in a 7-10% frequency and that Meta Tags are found in the Header of your pages.....then offer your SEO Team as a source for help if the User needs additional assistance.

That's how you become a Trusted Source and not just a Sales Vehicle.....in the long run, your Users will appreciate the honesty!
    DiySEOguy
    Experienced

Hi Robert,

Without seeing your website it's hard to know if your using Wordpress or a static website.

So for the sake of not knowing:

If you have Wordpress you can simply use the Yoast plugin and create what you need for each page.

If you have a static website, you will have to add the <meta> as desired.

In terms of indexing you will need to signup with Google and Bing and submit your websites.

Please add more info so we can help you
    Need SEO help? DiySEOguy.com
    Teraisa
    Novice

Did you figure it out? Are you using the Website Builder on GoDaddy? I accidentally found it just now.

Hi everyone,

Like has been said, there are multiple answers to this....the one that has not been addressed is Website Builder.  If you're looking to use Google Analytics (or something similar) - check out the following help article:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-google-analytics-8433

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support
    aharrold
    Novice

Seems it was an option under Website Builder v6 according to this link
    https://ph.godaddy.com/help/setting-page-properties-7818

But for some unknown reason it's now been removed.
    Meta Tags are a hugely important part of SEO, GoDaddy are bonkers for charging me extra for SEO Optimisation, but not having the ability to add Meta Tags!