Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied posting sample code here

Artisan

Access Denied posting sample code here

[ Edited ]

I tried three times to post some helpful sample code in a thread here and I always get "Access Denied". The problem is not the C# code; I can post that. The problem is the aspx code. I will edit this until I can determine what the problem is more specifically.

Your email address:&nbsp;&nbsp;<asp:TextBox ID="TextBoxemail" runat="server" Width="300px"/>
<br /><br />
Your message:<br />
<asp:TextBox id="Message" TextMode="multiline" Columns="60" Rows="20" runat="server" />
<br />
<br />
<asp:Button ID="ButtonSend" runat="server" Text="Send" />
&nbsp;<asp:TextBox ID="TextBoxSuccess" runat="server" Width="98px" Visible="False">Message sent.</asp:TextBox>
<br />
<br />
<asp:TextBox id="Result" TextMode="multiline" Columns="60" Rows="20" runat="server" Visible="False" />

Okay, the problem is when the Button tag has an OnClick attribute then I get Access Denied trying to post that here. The value of the attribute is ButtonSend_Click. If I just put attribute=value here where OnClick is the attribute and ButtonSend_Click is the value then I get Access Denied.

7 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Journeyperson

Re: Access Denied posting sample code here

@SamHobbs,

i wouldn't think posting code on the forum here would be 'helpful' at all. It wouldn't be long before it was abused. There is a option to 'add' code above when you start messaging. If you want to show off your code it would be a better idea to show it on your site with a link.

😐

Artisan

@rammsteinium, as you become more experienced with developer forums in general you will learn that sample code is nearly always critical. You are more likely to be criticized for not providing sample code.

For example, try to rack up points in Stack Overflow without providing sample code. The most likely result will be frustration.

Have you seen my web site? Sure, there is plenty of sample code there. The amount of sample code for here is trivial and is specific to GoDaddy. I know the moderators don't mind the sample code; they are likely to appreciate it. I don't need to "show off" my code; I wanted to help other GoDaddy members.

Ok, 😶............

Artisan

@rammsteinium, if I wanted to "show off" then I would tell you about the program I wrote that parsed the manufacturing instructions written for use by people of various aircraft, such as the Lockheed YF-22. The manufacturing instructions consisted of tools and material and was not written to be understood by the computer. Lockheed wanted to convert the data to different software, the same software used for their unclassified aircraft.

In this case, the hard part is not writing the code, the hard part is knowing the requirements. The code is one way to communicate the requirements.

Highlighted

@rammsteinium, if I wanted to "show off" then I would tell you about the program I wrote that parsed the manufacturing instructions written for use by people of various aircraft, such as the Lockheed YF-22. The manufacturing instructions consisted of tools and material and was not written to be understood by the computer. Lockheed wanted to convert the data to different software, the same software used for their unclassified aircraft.

In this case, the hard part is not writing the code, the hard part is knowing the requirements. The code is one way to communicate the requirements.

you just did Show off 🙂
And you wrongly assume that I don't hand code all my work and so there is nothing that I can't code or do. So often I simply don't understand the difficulties that most people face, I see things like " my mail don't work" and similar stuff all the time and I'm left just scratching my head as it's so simple once you know how to code it. How can it not work I'm left thinking. I have never found godaddy to limit me in any way whatsoever. I use proprietary software as little as anyone sensibly can and maybe that's a clue.
But im not here to see how high I can wee up the wall. Please don't waste your time trying to troll me.

Artisan

[ Edited ]

@rammsteinium, please avoid insults such as "troll".

Artisan

@SamHobbs I have the same issue when posting code. Most of the time it pops up when I have several code blocks in my post. some times it happens with only 1 code block. Most of the time I am posting plain text(command line output) or some HTML/config files. So far I have not bothered to track down what part of my code is causing issues and try and keep my code blocks to 1 per post.