cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Added domain for sale in Domain Auctions and purchased Featured Category (tech) by almost no views

Hi, I recently signed up for GoDaddy Auctions membership and purchased Featured Category (Technology, Tech services). However, after 2 months of having my domain up for sale, I notice there are still single-digit Visits (probably all of which from me). I see this figure after clicking on my domain in "Selling List" of my account.

This leads me to suspect that the featured category isn't working.

Any advice please?

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar II

@mrcrdr wrote:

Hi, I recently signed up for GoDaddy Auctions membership and purchased Featured Category (Technology, Tech services). However, after 2 months of having my domain up for sale, I notice there are still single-digit Visits (probably all of which from me). I see this figure after clicking on my domain in "Selling List" of my account.

This leads me to suspect that the featured category isn't working.

Any advice please?

@mrcrdr  just because you pay for the featured listings doesn't mean that people are going to view/make offers on your listings. It really just comes down to the quality of the domain and the price.

---

Yes, of course that's true. But equally, just because it isn't getting any Visits doesn't mean it's a low quality domain/price.  I used some domain value calculator which came out at about 1000USD and I'm selling for much less than that.

Is there a guide somewhere about all this?

For example, how are buyers typically searching?  Are they bothering to go into the Advanced / Category filter. Are they looking more at auctions about to end (mine has 25 days left)? Are their recommendations regarding type of auctions - e.g. 7 days / Buy it Now or whatever?

Many thanks!