cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

I got a certificate scam message today

I got this certificate scam today. Didn’t know it was a scam until I googled the lawyers handle, “elisalawyer”.
I was excited at first cause theY wanted to buy my old domain for 50k. They gave all these instructions to get the money , which seemed stupid. I came across this community page discussing it. Didn’t know about this community until now . I’m not sure what their end game is. At some point they probably ask for money . I wish I hadn’t initially replied to them. Now they got my real email address

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@Foofan It's a very common scam that's been around for years. They will offer to buy your domain for a certain price then direct you to a domain name appraisal service (which they own) where you'll have to pay for an appraisal. The appraisal will come back a lot lower than they offered and they will not buy it.

---

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@Foofan It's a very common scam that's been around for years. They will offer to buy your domain for a certain price then direct you to a domain name appraisal service (which they own) where you'll have to pay for an appraisal. The appraisal will come back a lot lower than they offered and they will not buy it.

---

View solution in original post