cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Won and paid for domain, but canceled at the end

2 days ago I successfully won and paid for a domain (bitcoinwallet.com) at a very cheap price but the next day I received an email said the transaction was canceled..I call godaddy hotline and a lady told me that someone counter offer my price so he/she won the domain..But I really don’t understand because I already won and paid for the domain..how come someone still can counter offer my price??i still have photos of receipt and proof that I already won the domain..is it because I won this domain for a very cheap price so godaddy anyhow give an unacceptable reason to cancel my transaction so godaddy can sell it for a better price?in the end I only got 20% off for my next domain purchase..I think this is unfair for me..I bought this domain at $xxx and godaddy estimate value is $3xxxx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wawawc,

Welcome to the Community!

Only the Auctions team can provide you details on what happened with the domain. A search on the Whois directory shows that the domain has had the same owner for some time (2010). 

Was this an expired domains auction? It's possible the owner renewed or recovered the domain in their account. If it was a regular auction, it's possible the owner cancelled the auction. Your best option is to email auctions@godaddy.com to see why any purchase didn't complete. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I know nothing about your situation @wawawc, other than what your post shared of course. I have however participated in GoDaddy domain auctions as both a seller and a buyer. The first question that came to my mind was what type of auction was it? There are several ways a domain is offered. Understanding GoDaddy Auctions Listing Options might give some insight on the process. I heard of crazy things happening in domain auctions but yours seems a rather routine Offer/Counter Offer? Please correct me if I'm wrong?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hi @wawawc,

Welcome to the Community!

Only the Auctions team can provide you details on what happened with the domain. A search on the Whois directory shows that the domain has had the same owner for some time (2010). 

Was this an expired domains auction? It's possible the owner renewed or recovered the domain in their account. If it was a regular auction, it's possible the owner cancelled the auction. Your best option is to email auctions@godaddy.com to see why any purchase didn't complete. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post