cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Added domain for sale in Domain Auctions and purchased Featured Category (tech) by almost no views

Hi, I recently signed up for GoDaddy Auctions membership and purchased Featured Category (Technology, Tech services). However, after 2 months of having my domain up for sale, I notice there are still single-digit Visits (probably all of which from me). I see this figure after clicking on my domain in "Selling List" of my account.

This leads me to suspect that the featured category isn't working.

Any advice please?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Added domain for sale in Domain Auctions and purchased Featured Category (tech) by almost no vie

@mrcrdr wrote:

Hi, I recently signed up for GoDaddy Auctions membership and purchased Featured Category (Technology, Tech services). However, after 2 months of having my domain up for sale, I notice there are still single-digit Visits (probably all of which from me). I see this figure after clicking on my domain in "Selling List" of my account.

This leads me to suspect that the featured category isn't working.

Any advice please?

@mrcrdr  just because you pay for the featured listings doesn't mean that people are going to view/make offers on your listings. It really just comes down to the quality of the domain and the price.

---

Highlighted
New

Re: Added domain for sale in Domain Auctions and purchased Featured Category (tech) by almost no vie

Yes, of course that's true. But equally, just because it isn't getting any Visits doesn't mean it's a low quality domain/price.  I used some domain value calculator which came out at about 1000USD and I'm selling for much less than that.

Is there a guide somewhere about all this?

For example, how are buyers typically searching?  Are they bothering to go into the Advanced / Category filter. Are they looking more at auctions about to end (mine has 25 days left)? Are their recommendations regarding type of auctions - e.g. 7 days / Buy it Now or whatever?

Many thanks!