cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't bid on domain

Hi,

Bought the yearly auction membership and now when I try and bid, they bid button is greyed out even after checking confirmation box. 

When I try to verify Paypal, it says there was a problem with the verification link. Done so many times, how do I get a refund for the yearly fee? Feels like a scam.

Or can this be rectified?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't bid on domain

Ignore, just had to bid $10 more for some reason. Still, the Paypal verification isn't working.

Highlighted

I think Godaddy is deceitfully taking money from us. I made a payment to Bid it was successful, in few minutes i tried to bid i kept seeing this error.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lakefist. Thanks for posting. Sorry you feel that way. When you place a bid, the money from the bid would not be deducted from any account unless you have the winning bid. If you're still in the middle of bidding, GoDaddy wouldn't have taken any money from you yet. If you continue having trouble placing bets, I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If that also doesn't work, you'll want to try to connect with support to see if there is an issue with your account. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.