cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Clarification on bids, counter offers, & changing price

Hello,

Over a year ago, I put a domain on GoDaddy Auctions. After a year, it hasn't sold, so I wanted to change a few things up.  Just to clarify:

• I can not change the price of the auction (specifically, the minimum offer) unless I pay $4.99/year for "GoDaddy Auction" correct? (ugh)
  • If the above is true, and even though I can't change the price/minimum offer without a yearly subscription, my original listing/price is still on GoDaddy Auctions. As a result, if somebody makes an offer, would I still be notified even though I don't have a paid "GoDaddy Auction"? In other words, do I have to be paying $4.99/year to receive notification of an offer?

Thanks in advance for the assistance. Yes, I'm a first time (potential) seller and was having difficulty finding answers to some auctions questions. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Clarification on bids, counter offers, & changing price

@cMacDaddy wrote:

Hello,

Over a year ago, I put a domain on GoDaddy Auctions. After a year, it hasn't sold, so I wanted to change a few things up.  Just to clarify:

• I can not change the price of the auction (specifically, the minimum offer) unless I pay $4.99/year for "GoDaddy Auction" correct? (ugh)
  • If the above is true, and even though I can't change the price/minimum offer without a yearly subscription, my original listing/price is still on GoDaddy Auctions. As a result, if somebody makes an offer, would I still be notified even though I don't have a paid "GoDaddy Auction"? In other words, do I have to be paying $4.99/year to receive notification of an offer?

Thanks in advance for the assistance. Yes, I'm a first time (potential) seller and was having difficulty finding answers to some auctions questions. 

@cMacDaddy  I would assume you just have to have the auction membership to update and add new listings. If you receive an offer you will be notified via email and in your auction dashboard.

---

Solution

Re: Clarification on bids, counter offers, & changing price

Hi @cMacDaddy,

If you are purchasing (not bidding) a single domain in auction, or an expired domain listing, you do not need to purchase the auctions membership. If you are buying and selling domains in our Domains Aftermarket area, you will need to become a member. There are a lot of reasons to join our auction site, from our huge selection to our status as the world’s #1 domain registrar - giving you a large exposure for your domain.To answer a number of questions you may have, please see the article here. We have lots of help articles online to help you sell your domains. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support