cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain Auction Fees

I listed a couple of domain names for sale.  Then I thought I would look at the process for bidding on them.  It turns out there is a $69 fee for entering a bid. That is when I started the process of bidding there was a $69 item placed in my shopping cart.  So if you want to sell a name for $100 the bidder has to pay $169.  Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Domain Auction Fees

Hey there @Saberman 

It sounds like you're confusing Domain Auctions with the Domain Buy Service.

The Domain Buy Service charges $69 plus a commission fee to go out to another domain owner and attempt to buy the domain from them when they're not trying to sell it. They basically negotiate a purchase price for you if they can.

On Domain Auctions, if you list your domain, I can do a search, find it, and purchase it for whatever amount you set for it. That only costs like $5 a year. 

So, no, if you list you domain on auctions, I don't have to pay a $69 buy fee. I pay whatever you charge plus the cost of registration and transfer, I believe. Two completely different services.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Another question. I have a domain name, accessvbasecurity.com, that shows
an estimated value of $1300 in Domain Manager. I listed it for auction.
When I look at it in the auction area it does not show estimated value. Is
there a reason?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Saberman. Good question. Currently, the estimated value only appears for domains that have been added to the auction as an expired domain listing. There isn't yet a way for customers to add this feature, but we hope to add it in the future. 

Also, one further point of clarification. If you post your domain with a buy now option, anyone can purchase it, even if they don't have a GoDaddy Auctions membership (the charge @MrVapor mentioned above). This is also true for domains listed under Premium Listings

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.