cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy6969
Novice

Domain Buying Service

Has anyone had a positive experience with this service?  All the comments point to a useless service.  Did anyone even get to the point of negotiating a price?  Was anyone successful at purchasing the domain they were after?  Looking for a little insight...  Thanks, Andy

4 REPLIES
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain Buying Service

We have a pretty successful service. We have helped tens of thousands of people get the exact domain they wanted at the price they set. We have a team of experienced domain buyers who negotiate with people on a daily basis and have a working knowledge of the market and the sellers as well as ways to find a hard to find domain owner. It also provides anonymity which helps you in your negotiation as the seller does not know if you are a huge company or a one man shop. GoDaddy is a recognized brand which also helps establish trust when we approach someone letting them know we have an offer for their domain. This YouTube video we did explains more about what we do and how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7fUKm41jc&t=52s

CAM06492
Novice

I have not had a positive experience. 

This will be the third time using this service (once via our corporate account, once via my personal account and now again for our corporate account).  So far none have been successful and the status updates are not timely.  Last time, I actually spoke with the person who was supposed to have been negotiating our domain purchase and he admitted he never saw our e-mail come through...which is why he hadn't updated the status.

Ultimately I lodged a complaint with the BBB last time. 

I know I'm an idiot for trying it again and have likely wasted another $45 on this but I really want this domain so I thought I'd give it another go around.

md1234
Novice

I have also not had a positive experience. Customer service is absolutely useless, there are no updates provided and there is no clarity as to how to proceed in case they are not able to contact the seller. 

Avoid flushing money down the toilet. 

silkweb
Novice

The Go Daddy domain buy service is a huge scam!!!  DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!  You pay for the service and then you have to basically put your cards on the table - there is no negotiation because if they don't get theamount they are looking for they just say the negotiation was unsuccessful,  It is a huge SCAM!!!  Furthermore they dont even contact you to let you know you were unsuccessful, they just close the case you dont get an opportunity to change your so called bid!!!!!

Also, most of the time GoDaddy has the domain already registered so they are looking for top dollar for the domain name so if you aren't prepared to pay big bucks they just ignore you.

Absolutely awful service!!!!!!