cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain broker service was a joke

I paid $80 to use the godaddy domain broker service to attempt to purchase a domain and it was a very bad experience.  Super slow to respond and I had to follow up with the broker to get any type of update.  When I got an update it was vague and provided no help on next steps.  I felt like I was annoying them by following up.  Never got a final resolution.  I think they stole my money.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain broker service was a joke

Hello @tri650, I'm sorry to hear that you have been frustrated with the domain broker experience.  I can assure you that our domain broker team takes every request very seriously, and they make every effort to present your offer to the owner of the domain.  

In some cases, the current owner of the domain may be very responsive to the inquiries from our team, and in others, they may choose not to respond back to us at all.  This may make it difficult to provide any type of update on the status of the request because we're still attempting to get the owner to talk with us.  

The broker service isn't a guarantee that the domain can be obtained.  In cases where the owner isn't interested in selling, or they are only interested in selling at a price higher than what you're willing to offer, our agents are still facilitating the entire process.  This is why there is a fee for the service.  

You definitely shouldn't be made to feel like you're annoying anyone when communicating with our teams, and I'll be happy to have the interactions in question reviewed.

Thank you.  

MPC

Super User II
Super User II

@tri650 wrote:

I paid $80 to use the godaddy domain broker service to attempt to purchase a domain and it was a very bad experience.  Super slow to respond and I had to follow up with the broker to get any type of update.  When I got an update it was vague and provided no help on next steps.  I felt like I was annoying them by following up.  Never got a final resolution.  I think they stole my money.

@tri650 I agree with you on some points, I do feel Godaddy needs to make an acknowledgement page at checkout stating that the service is nonrefundable and that they will only attempt to contact the owner of the domain. I have successfully used the service in the past but it seems that most of the negotiations may be unsuccessful. Have you attempted to look up the domain in the whois database to find the owner?

---

Highlighted
New

Re: Domain broker service was a joke/?isc=gdcommment

@justingodfrey I have not looked at whois database but thanks for the tip

Agreed! I have reached out to my broker several times - asking for acknowledgement of receipt of my email and after four days, have still heard nothing. What a joke is right.