cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy Auctions, Charged Automatically After Losing Auction!!!

I was charged automatically for winning an auction after being outbid by 2-3 different people. 

I got a personal email by a broker working in GoDaddy Auctions, asking if I was still interested in this domain since I was the "2nd highest bidder" of $4000, and that I had a 24 hour opportunity to purchase it if I still wanted it. 

This email was sent 1 week after I had already lost this auction. I had already purchased other domains meantime. 

Now I had missed this email by the broker (due to sheer amount of emails I get per day) but my account today has been charged $4,000 and obtained a notice that the transfer was complete. I DID NOT AGREE TO HIS PROPOSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER MANUALLY PAID FOR THIS DOMAIN, IT AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED MY BANK CARD. 

This is CRAZY! If I suddenly win all my auctions that I ever bid on because the winner didn't pay, I would go BANKRUPT!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: GoDaddy Auctions, Charged Automatically After Losing Auction!!!

@Maximmalcon I bid on hundreds of expired auctions per month and have had this happen but I've never been automatically charged. I would email auctions@godaddy.com for assistance in getting a refund.

---

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

@Maximmalcon I bid on hundreds of expired auctions per month and have had this happen but I've never been automatically charged. I would email auctions@godaddy.com for assistance in getting a refund.

---

View solution in original post

Thankfully they understood the situation, if anyone has this happen to them. Make sure to email auctions@godaddy.com. Because when I called them, all they did was say they couldn't do anything for me, which made me panic since I was NOT expecting this charge. 

However when I emailed, they escalated the ticket to someone in a higher position who can look into the situation and resolve it.

Phew.

Yes, $4,000 automatically charged for an auction I had lost a week ago is a scary thing. Especially when you already spent in on other domains that interest you. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad we got you taken care of @Maximmalcon@justingodfrey is super experienced and always gives good advice. Come back to the Community forums again if you need some help. Take care and Happy Holidays to you!

Rachel