cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

GoDaddy Auctions, Charged Automatically After Losing Auction!!!

I was charged automatically for winning an auction after being outbid by 2-3 different people. 

I got a personal email by a broker working in GoDaddy Auctions, asking if I was still interested in this domain since I was the "2nd highest bidder" of $4000, and that I had a 24 hour opportunity to purchase it if I still wanted it. 

This email was sent 1 week after I had already lost this auction. I had already purchased other domains meantime. 

Now I had missed this email by the broker (due to sheer amount of emails I get per day) but my account today has been charged $4,000 and obtained a notice that the transfer was complete. I DID NOT AGREE TO HIS PROPOSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER MANUALLY PAID FOR THIS DOMAIN, IT AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED MY BANK CARD. 

This is CRAZY! If I suddenly win all my auctions that I ever bid on because the winner didn't pay, I would go BANKRUPT!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: GoDaddy Auctions, Charged Automatically After Losing Auction!!!

@Maximmalcon I bid on hundreds of expired auctions per month and have had this happen but I've never been automatically charged. I would email auctions@godaddy.com for assistance in getting a refund.

---

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

@Maximmalcon I bid on hundreds of expired auctions per month and have had this happen but I've never been automatically charged. I would email auctions@godaddy.com for assistance in getting a refund.

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thankfully they understood the situation, if anyone has this happen to them. Make sure to email auctions@godaddy.com. Because when I called them, all they did was say they couldn't do anything for me, which made me panic since I was NOT expecting this charge. 

However when I emailed, they escalated the ticket to someone in a higher position who can look into the situation and resolve it.

Phew.

Yes, $4,000 automatically charged for an auction I had lost a week ago is a scary thing. Especially when you already spent in on other domains that interest you. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad we got you taken care of @Maximmalcon@justingodfrey is super experienced and always gives good advice. Come back to the Community forums again if you need some help. Take care and Happy Holidays to you!

Rachel

GoDaddy Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to give kudos to others and accept a solution if someone answered your question.