cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy Auctions Question-If I buy a domain as buy it now, can the seller decline the sale?

Hi, this is a question regarding buying on GoDaddy Auctions. 

If there is a domain listed with a buy now price of $1000 and I pay the $1000 is that then a 100% guarentee I will take ownership of that domain?

Can the seller decline the sale and re-list it or anything similar ?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Auctions Buynow Question

@johnjones wrote:

Hi, this is a question regarding buying on GoDaddy Auctions. 

If there is a domain listed with a buy now price of $1000 and I pay the $1000 is that then a 100% guarentee I will take ownership of that domain?

Can the seller decline the sale and re-list it or anything similar ?

@johnjones When the seller lists the domain on the auctions platform they are agreeing to sell the domain so sellers backing out is not common at all.

---

New

I don't think these auctions are real.

I have purchased a domain with a buy now price and i have made the full payment. three days later, i have contacted GD customer support through chat and over the phone to know the status of my domain and both confirmed that the domain will be in my account soon. two days later, I have received an email that the seller has changed his mind and GD will be taken an action against him and give me 20% off of my next order. I don't think there is something they can do with the seller. 

Totally waste of time !

Luckily I managed to avoid that situation. At least you get 20% off your next order though.

I paid $7,000 for a premium domain and a week later GoDaddy told me the they were taking action against the seller because it never transferred to me.  GoDaddy refused to provide me any information so that I could take legal action against the seller myself (in this case I would have spent six figures on legal fees to secure the name).  GoDaddy auctions are a scam and their customer service is worthless.  Buy using a reputable platform, not GoDaddy.  They apparently don't validate anything and won't enforce their Seller agreements even though they put the Buyer under a mandatory contract to pay...