cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy is not a good Company for Newbies

Well I choose Godaddy because I thought it is a giant in market but it turn out to be a complete disappointed. I registered few names with them but now i am leaving them to expire, I purchased Godaddy "backorder" service neither it is working and continuously it is failing to backorder any name for me. I asked for my refund yesterday for backorder, there staff member said it is not possible because I have used the credits? Seriously? The Godaddy chat service is also offline most of the time, and they are not here to help 24/7 as they mentioned. I am right now sitting for more than one hour and the chat is offline.

I am having problem here with backordering a name and Godaddy is giving me the following error:

You cannot backorder this domain at this time.

Godaddy is basically designed to rippoff the newbies with there "golden schemes".

Listen!!! If I am paying you, atleast for Godsake give me some service. What a waste of time and energy Godaddy is. I am NOT putting more money in your company unless you provide me SERVICE.

I can`t sit whole day here waiting for Godaddy chat to be available. I have also other works and life.

Thanks for NOTHING.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: GoDaddy is a RippOff Company for Newbies

RIPPOFF.JPG

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GoDaddy is not a good Company for Newbies

Hi @LagarBagar. Thanks for posting. I can understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to get the domain you want. You've touched on a few things and I'll try to address them all. 

First, a little clarification on how backorders work. There are two scenarios when a domain is backordered: the domain is registered with GoDaddy or it's registered with another registrar. If the domain is with us and goes into the state where a backorder can be applied, if you're the only backorder holder, the domain will go to you. However, if there is more than one backorder for the domain in our system, then it will go to auction. The backorder gets you an entry bid, but you'd have to win the auction to get the domain name. For a more in-depth explanation of the backorder process, please see this article

Per our refund policy, "If a Domain Backorder credit has been applied to an auction, then it is non-refundable (if not yet applied to an auction, eligible for a refund within 30 days of the date of the transaction)." This means that if the backorder was for a domain in our system and the domain went to auction, the backorder can't be refunded. However, if the backorder wasn't successful at all (meaning you weren't involved in an auction), then it should be refundable within 30 days of purchase. 

If for some reason you're not able to get a refund on your backorder, then you can change the domain it's assigned to. However, one thing to keep in mind is that backorders do not work for domains that are listed by their current registrars in our Premium Listings. I'm guessing that's what's occurring for the domain in your screenshot. Though I can't be sure since it's blacked out. 

In regard to our chat service, this isn't currently a 24/7 service, nor is it listed as such on our website. We do have 24/7 support via telephone if you don't want to try to use the chat system. However, I can say we are always working on making the chat system better, so we appreciate your feedback. 

Finally, there are many customers with us that have used our services and products with great success. I'm sorry you're having trouble, but we're not trying to trick or "rip off" anyone. That's not good for anyone, ourselves included. As I mentioned above, if the backorder isn't successful, it can be changed, so service is still being provided if it can not be refunded. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.