cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Godaddy Auctions/ Purchased domain not received.

It has been about 5 days now and I still have not received the domain I bought.

I do not have a Godaddy Auction membership, while I was searching for domains in the search bar

the domain I entered happen to have a notification that it was expired and up for auction. I purchased it without a problem. However, many days have passed and the domain is still under the old registers name. Has anyone else had this problem?  

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Godaddy Auctions/ Purchased domain not received.

Hi @satancow. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

It sounds like you may have purchased a Buy Now domain. If so, I suggest waiting until day 6, as the domain will most likely transfer automatically. If it doesn't, try contacting the Seller to manually transfer domain. If the seller is unresponsive, then please reach out to our support team so they can investigate the issue for you. 

I also located another forum post where this has been discussed. You can take a look at it here: https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/How-long-does-it-take-to-get-a-Domain-I-bought-fr...

Has anyone else in the community had to reach out to a seller? How did it go? 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hello Jesse,

I bought a Domain at auction with "Buy Now" price! (domain is paid)
Acquired domain is registered with another registrar and not with GoDaddy (I paid also for the domain transfer to my GoDaddy account)

In "MyGoDaddyAccount" : Domains > Transfers > Pending Transfers In
Domain is in a status: Authorization code needed.

I did not receive Authorization code for domain transfer from the seller!

What happens if the seller refuses to sell/transfer purchased domain?

Thank you!

Thx
Employee
Employee

Hello @a-z!

Welcome to the community. Have you tried using the Email Seller option within your auctions account to contact the seller to ask them for the code?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Thank you for your response,  But I get this mesage at godaddy!

"It has come to our attention that the seller of "DOMAIN>COM" does not own the domain and will not be able to complete the transaction as agreed. At this time we have taken action against the seller and have issued a refund for the purchase of this domain. Please let us know if you have any questions and we apologize for the inconvenience."

Thx