cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How long does it take for domain to reappear in auctions after being added to cart?

I was trying to make an offer on a domain, but accidentally clicked "Buy Now", which added it to my cart. I didn't go through with the purchase and removed the domain from my cart. However, now I no longer see the domain on the GoDaddy Auctions page. I assume it temporarily delisted it while it was in my cart so that nobody else could buy it at the same time. How long would it take until I can see the domain on the auctions page again?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How long does it take for domain to reappear in auctions after being added to cart?

Hi @Daniel15. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! That may have happened but it's also possible that the domain was purchased by someone else. I'm not aware of any delay, but if you're still not seeing the domain listed, you may want to touch base with our support team to see if they can confirm whether or not the domain is still for sale. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: How long does it take for domain to reappear in auctions after being added to cart?

Thanks. The domain reappeared after a couple of hours.

@JesseW wrote:

I'm not aware of any delay 

You can easily replicate the same behaviour yourself:

1. Go to the auctions page
  2. Find a domain with a "buy now" link
  3. Click "Buy Now" to add it to your cart
  4. Go to your cart and remove the domain from it
  5. Go back to the auctions page
  6. Domain has disappeared, and doesn't come back for a while.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Daniel15 - After doing a little more digging, I found out that that the buy now option puts an auction on hold for approximately 2 hours. If you're seeing it last longer than that, feel free to reach out to our support team. Our Auctions department can remove the hold if they are notified. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.