Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Automatic Bid in auction?

I offen bid in auction domain, but don't know, please help me:

How to set Automatic Bid in auction?

7 REPLIES
Employee
Employee

Re: How to set Automatic Bid in auction?

Hi @truong_v_hung. When bidding on auction, all you have to do is put in your maximum bid and the system will automatically bid on your behalf by the minimum amount every time you are outbid. 

Please say where and how to !!!
Because I put my value, example min bid auction is 235$, I bid 245$ , it not automatic but it display "You`re the high bidder" with 245$.

Employee
Employee

You put a higher bid in the same place that you put your initial bid. For your example, if you had placed a bid of $300 instead of the minimum $245 then the current price would still show $245 and "you are the high bidder" but the next time someone outbid you, then the system would place an auto-bid on your behalf up until we hit your max of $300. 

ex: bidder 1 bids $235

you bid $300 - current price is $245 you are highest bidder

bidder 1 bids $255

you autobid $265 and are again the highest bidder  <-- this is done without you being required to login and place the bid. We are submitting a proxy bid on your behalf because you entered $300 as your max. 

Does that help?

AZBirdLady
Novice

I tried to get this answered by chatting with a rep from GoDaddy.  He told me that Proxy Bidding is not anything that GoDaddy does.   Before I go ahead and enter my highest bid on a domain name I want to know that it is going to operate as is outlined here.  I find it very frustrating to attempt to bid on a domain and immediately be outbid,  but don't want to do something that will be shooting myself in the foot either. 

Employee
Employee

@AZBirdLady We absolutely do allow proxy bids. Here's a help article that describes the bidding process a bit: https://www.godaddy.com/help/making-initial-bids-or-offers-on-domain-names-892?

You can put in your max bid price and our proxy bid system will only bid the minimum required to make you the highest bidder. 

I can't see any "My Highest Bid" on my dashboard. However, i think people are using GoDaddy back ordering service for this. Please fix if I'm wrong.

Regards

Snaap from SnapTube Website

Employee
Employee

@Shajjjj33223

I'm not sure I understand the question. After you login, this link should take you right to your bidding list:  https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpMyAccount.aspx?s=2&sc=Bi