cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is a buyer who paid for domain name auction obligated to fulfill agreement?

I sold a domain name and the buyer paid and funds cleared. I emailed him his codes 3 days ago and have heard nothing from anyone. Is the buyer able to back out at this point? Godaddy emailed me multiple transaction id and security codes which is another issue since they have been unable to tell me if this is the way this works. But the buyer has not responded either so wondering if they can just blow it off. I emailed them through the Godaddy system with the codes I was given at the outset. Don't know what else to do.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is a buyer who paid for domain name auction obligated to fulfill agreement?

Hey @glabarge,

Welcome to the community! Glad you could join us!

Technically, if the buyer has already paid then they've fulfilled their obligation to the auction process. Right now the transfer request just needs to be completed.

To clarify, was the domain already registered thru our services? If so, the transaction id and security codes mentioned are not needed to complete the transfer to another Go Daddy account. Instead, you just need to initiate a change request with the steps in Move a domain to another GoDaddy account. You only need the codes if the buyer is transferring a domain outside of our services to their own account with us. 

If you're having trouble getting thru to the buyer to complete the transfer, feel free to reach out to our support or email our auction team at auctions@godaddy.com so they can assist further.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thanks for the response. Most of my domains are at Godaddy, but luck has it that this one is registered at another registrar. That is why I needed to send the codes. It has been a number of days now and I have not heard from the buyer at all. And received a different set of codes from the originals from Godaddy. I will try auctions@godaddy.com for some support. I have emailed most recently transfers@goddady, but they do not seem to understand that I received different codes from the original and that the buyer has not responded. Hopefully I can get someone different who can help out. I don't know what happens if the buyer goes awol at this point since they need to complete some steps to get it from the other registrar. They paid right away so I assumed they were legit.

Solution

Hey @glabarge,

Our auction team should be in today, so I'm positive they'll be able to help you get in touch with the buyer to complete this transfer. Keep us posted on how it goes. Hopefully this won't be much longer. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted
Solution

Yes, they did contact me earlier in the day telling me that the transfer was now in progress.. Was then contacted shortly after by the registrar that the domain is currently located that a transfer request has taken place. So it looks like things are good to go. I appreciate the help.