cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Premium domain sale to customer with a different host/registrar

Can anyone tell what happens if the potential buyer of a premium (or any) domain wants to host it on their preferred host/registrar? I haven't seen this in a faq or post so far.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Premium domain sale to customer with a different host/registrar

@DanDay wrote:

Can anyone tell what happens if the potential buyer of a premium (or any) domain wants to host it on their preferred host/registrar? I haven't seen this in a faq or post so far.

Thanks.

@DanDay if the buyer makes the purchase through a premium listing then the domain is automatically transferred to their Godaddy account after purchase and they can transfer the domain after 60 days. The same basically applies to any domain sold on godaddy, typically the buyer will have to create a godaddy account and make the purchase. In both cases, they'll need to wait 60 days after the domain is in their account to transfer to another registrar.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
New

Thank you JG for your reply. Would this put some people off? I mean if someone has a trusted host/registrar that they are happy with, and perhaps even has other domains with them, to have to open an account and host with someone they don't know (never mind that GD are well known) and then wait 60 days! to go through a transfer process. I know if it was me I wouldn't be happy. Thinking that some

people may be building a website already and ready to execute soon. What you are saying is host with us or forget it. That's not good for buyer or seller surely. They would have to want that domain desperately. Just a thought.

New

Sorry Justin, I think I messed up the thread a bit, I asked another question then accepted your original solution. 

Super User I
Super User I

@DanDay wrote:

Thank you JG for your reply. Would this put some people off? I mean if someone has a trusted host/registrar that they are happy with, and perhaps even has other domains with them, to have to open an account and host with someone they don't know (never mind that GD are well known) and then wait 60 days! to go through a transfer process. I know if it was me I wouldn't be happy. Thinking that some

people may be building a website already and ready to execute soon. What you are saying is host with us or forget it. That's not good for buyer or seller surely. They would have to want that domain desperately. Just a thought.

@DanDay A host and registrar are two different things. They could host the site elsewhere and update the nameservers while the domain is held at Godaddy. You may want to consider listing your domains on Afternic as well.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
New

Ok thanks for that. As for Afternic, I thought that Premium listings were also on the Auction listing which means they couldn't be sold elsewhere. 

Super User I
Super User I

@DanDay wrote:

Ok thanks for that. As for Afternic, I thought that Premium listings were also on the Auction listing which means they couldn't be sold elsewhere. 

@DanDay Afternic is owned by Godaddy, I list most of my domains there as well.

---