cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions related to GST and TDS on Godaddy Purchases

Dear Community Members, 

I have few Questions related to GST and TDS on Godaddy Purchases, Please help me out so that Indian Government regulations related to taxation can be followed. Please note I am an Indian individual:

1) Is godaddy LLC a Non Resident ?

2) If Yes then do all its Indian customers have to deduct TDS on all payment and require a 15 CA & CB certificate to make payment.

3) Why godaddy do not mention their Indian address on invoices they generate to Indian customers?

4) How much TDS is to be deducted if we are purchasing a domain from godaddy auction?

5) Is godaddy allowing its customer to deduct TDS from invoice? ( I don't think it's possible as they take payment through payment cart and invoice is generated later)

Please help me out so that I can manage my tax liability properly.

regards,

Rajesh

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Questions related to GST and TDS on Godaddy Purchases

Hey @RajeshYadav,

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on local tax laws in India. Hopefully another member who is can share some insight.

If you're still needing some assistance in this regard, you may want to reach out to our live support teams in India who are available by phone as they can better address these questions for your account. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Indian team is not at all able to help in GST. It seems there is no senior person out there.

Is there any tax and finance department number in US or India who can address queries on GST?

Hi Rajesh,

Have you got your GST related querry sorted?

I just had a chat with Godaddy support in India and they claim the GST number on their invoice is correct.

Like you suggested, I am also unsure about their tax status.

Since they do not have a India office, and their GST number seems assigned to their US office, I doubt if payments made to them can be set against input tax credit.

Request your advise.

regards,

Mandar 

+91 99870 71468

I renewed two of my domain names. I was given invoice for the purchase. But IGST was 0. Why?

When I contacted the support team, the GST is zero for those who provided GSTIN.

What is happening? Total confusion.

There is no confusion.

When you Export Something you will not have to pay IGST. Same happens in case of Go Daddy's Export receipt.

You can enter this receipt as a purchase (inward) and will be evaluated while TDS calculation.

New

what is the to be included in tax amount ? whether we  have add the total bill or we have calculate tax amount from the total bill 

same question..!!
New

1) Is godaddy LLC a Non Resident ?
- No Idea for legal concern but I guess Not Indian based company so can't collect GST from customer

2) If Yes then do all its Indian customers have to deduct TDS on all payment and require a 15 CA & CB certificate to make payment.
- You are importing service. You are asking as IT point of view which I am not much aware but from GST point of view you need to create purchase invoice applicable to reverse charge and you are the resonsible to pay the same and you will get credit of the same on same month.

3) Why godaddy do not mention their Indian address on invoices they generate to Indian customers?
-

4) How much TDS is to be deducted if we are purchasing a domain from godaddy auction?
- Do they deduct TDS ??

5) Is godaddy allowing its customer to deduct TDS from invoice? ( I don't think it's possible as they take payment through payment cart and invoice is generated later)
- again you are thinking from IT prospective, GST states user importing of services is liable to reverse charge.

New

When you supply your GST number to Godaddy, they don't cut GST because you are importing services outside India. As per my view, Godaddy is not liable for taxation structure in India so it just keep GST 0 now you are liable to show your purchase invoice with reverse charge and you need to pay 18% GST on taxable amount. and you will get the credit of same in the same month in GSTR-3B. ultimately you don't need to pay any rupee. but for accounting purpose you need to show that you had purchased this service.