cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Selling Domains

I've got quite a few domains that I'd like to sell, but I've got a handful of questions:

1. Do the domains need to be stored at GoDaddy to sell them in GoDaddy's marketplace?
2. What are the fees and or commissions?
3. Who appraises or determines the price of a domain?
4. What payment methods does GoDaddy or the buyers use to pay the seller?
5. Do we need to point the domain at your GoDaddy's nameservers?
6. Can I sell my domains elsewhere while they're listed at or by GoDaddy?
7. Can I cancel the listings of my domains at anytime or are there fixed durations?
8. Does GoDaddy also offer brokerage services whereby you proactively market the domain?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Selling Domains

1. Do the domains need to be stored at GoDaddy to sell them in GoDaddy's marketplace?

No.

2. What are the fees and or commissions?

https://www.godaddy.com/help/commission-rates-for-premium-listings-3494

3. Who appraises or determines the price of a domain?

Ultimately you set the price and it's up to what someone else may be willing to pay.

4. What payment methods does GoDaddy or the buyers use to pay the seller?

There are a few including PayPal.  Though it also depends on your country.

5. Do we need to point the domain at your GoDaddy's nameservers?

No.

6. Can I sell my domains elsewhere while they're listed at or by GoDaddy?
7. Can I cancel the listings of my domains at anytime or are there fixed durations?

These depend on the type of listing.  A traditional auction is a set time and the domain must go to the highest bidder.  With offer/counter-offer there isn't an obligation until you've come to an agreement with a buyer.

8. Does GoDaddy also offer brokerage services whereby you proactively market the domain?

Not so much outside of the network, but Premium Domains are listed in the results on regular domain availability searches.

New

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'd like some clarity on a couple of things.

Are there listing fees or membership fees or any other fees I should know about?

Always 20% on initial $5K no matter what, even if the name sells for $25,000, and then 15% of the following $20K?

Is there a list of the payment methods available to each region somewhere?

Cannot cancel auctions, but can cancel negotiations if an agreement hasn't been reached?

So I can list the domains for sale elsewhere while they're listed at GoDaddy?

Thanks again!!

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

There is an annual membership fee which I believe is $4.99.  That includes making listings but you can also pay for upgrades.

Yes, there is a flat rate for the first $5,000 and 15% above that up to $25,000.

I'm not sure of all the payment methods depending on the region, you can set-up a Payee under your GoDaddy Account Settings and check what is available for you.

For the last two I believe I may have caused some confusion.  It depends on which type of listing.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/understanding-godaddy-auctions-listing-options-1525

For a traditional auction the domain should only be listed at one place.  They are for a set time and the domain goes to the highest bidder.

The other types of listings go until you take them down.  You can have offer/counter-offer listings at multiple places.  For which you would need to come to an agreement with a buyer before being obligated to transfer the domain.

Highlighted
New

k thanks