cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Why is my domain for sale as a premium domain?

Hi, I own a domain name and was checking the status of it for fun one day and found it was for sale as a premium domain. So I am curious as to how that can be as I have not put it up for sale? And if someone was wanting to buy it who gets the money? Why does it not just come up as taken?

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: premium domain question

Hi @popman

Thanks for taking the time to post your question on GoDaddy Community!

If you have domains listed as premium, you should have access to the listings to modify or remove them by logging in and visiting this page:
https://dcc.godaddy.com/dcc40/Default.aspx?activeview=premiumdomain

If you don't see the domains in question listed there, I recommend reaching out to our support team so they can take a look at what's going on. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi @popman,

Even though you have not put it up for sale, there are brokering services that monitor domain availability and value. Many people actually make a living online by just buying/selling domain names!  For example, if your domain name contains frequently used search terms or already has traffic to it, you'll have a better value.

Suppose you have a well-valued domain. If you were to let the domain registration lapse, a brokerage can literally see exactly when it lapsed, buy the domain and then they can use or resell it.

If you were to try to sell your name, contact GoDaddy's Domain Service and they will give you the process.  In a nutshell, its your domain name so you get the profits from the sell.  If you use a brokerage site to help you there will be a fee.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi,

My domain is not on the web page, but I still see that premiumm domain is for sale page since the day I purchased it. Now, after I config the DNS I still see the same page, anything wrong? Can someone help please? My customer is waiting for this to be up and running.

Best,

Bo

Solution

Hey @boexpress2017

The issue you're describing sounds specific to your customer account. You'll need to contact our live support for further assistance in locating your domain purchase if it has already been more than a few days since you Premium Domain purchase. Because this is a public forum, none of the members here in the community will have direct access to your account to review the transfer status of the purchase.

You can contact our 24/7 phone support team for immediate assistance at any of the numbers listed here. If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday – Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (GMT/UTC -7) on our US Help Page.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support