cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
wrEyes_2018
Novice

"Domain buying service" for 70 bucks? WHY?!?!?!

I registered a "(dot)co (dot)uk" domain which is my first and last name.
I didn't renew for a few years (Yep. I know!)
Now I want/need to renew my domain, and it says that IT'S TAKEN and that I have to pay GoDaddy for a service called "Domain buying service" that will be "HELPING ME GET THAT DOMAIN" for… $ 70!!!
It's this right? I mean… I registered the domain a few years ago… And failed to renew, but… I don't  understand why I need to pay for "Buying service" instead of just buying it from the #$^@& who bought it?
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but it seems to me that this is just… unnecessary!
Please. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you all!

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
Solution

Re: "Domain buying service" for 70 bucks? WHY?!?!?!

@wrEyes_2018 wrote:

I registered a "(dot)co (dot)uk" domain which is my first and last name.
I didn't renew for a few years (Yep. I know!)
Now I want/need to renew my domain, and it says that IT'S TAKEN and that I have to pay GoDaddy for a service called "Domain buying service" that will be "HELPING ME GET THAT DOMAIN" for… $ 70!!!
It's this right? I mean… I registered the domain a few years ago… And failed to renew, but… I don't  understand why I need to pay for "Buying service" instead of just buying it from the #$^@& who bought it?
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but it seems to me that this is just… unnecessary!
Please. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you all!

@wrEyes_2018 The domain buy service is basically just a suggestion. They will reach out to the owner and attempt to negotiate a deal to purchase the domain. Alternatively, you can check the whois and see when the domain will expire and place a backorder for it.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
wrEyes_2018
Novice

Hi there!
Thank you Justin!
Now… Look what happened since the last time i checked:Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.36.37 AM.png

Now… WHAT IS THIS?
1,120 DOLLARS?!?

REALLY?!?!?!?!?

Solution

@wrEyes_2018 wrote:

Hi there!
Thank you Justin!
Now… Look what happened since the last time i checked:Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.36.37 AM.png

Now… WHAT IS THIS?
1,120 DOLLARS?!?

REALLY?!?!?!?!?

@wrEyes_2018 The initial payment is to purchase the domain buy service, a Godaddy rep then reaches out to the owner of the domain. I cannot see your screenshot but I'm assuming that is the price that the owner wants for the domain name.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I