Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

404 error in forwarding domain from domain.com

Hello everyone, 

I have a domain learntura.com registered with domain.com. 

I forwarded this domain to our domain learntura.ca registered with Godaddy by changing "A" and "CNAME" but it shows error 404. Can anyone help me how to fix it?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: 404 error in forwarding domain from domain.com

Hi @adlan,

Welcome to the Community!

There are two possibilities why your use of the A record (or CName) to "point" to your .COM will not work. If you have an Economy Hosting plan, it would require the addition of the second domain (the .CA). That can't be done on this hosting plan. The other, is if you are using one of our Website Builder plans for the .COM domain. These plans can only have one domain assigned to them and secondary domains cannot be forwarded. 

Please contact our support to clarify your issue and discover your options to use the second domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Hello

Thank you but I am forwarding .com domain to .ca which is desiged by sitebuilder. 

So, should I contact support? I spent 30 minutes with them on chat but they didn't help.

Best

Adlan

Hi @adlan,

First, it will depend on which Website Builder you are using in your GoDaddy account. Not all versions will allow you to forward a second domain to the server. If your Website builder will allow this forward, you would not do it through an A record or CName on the domain. Please contact your current registrar to get instruction on how to forward one full domain to another. You certainly can call our support team to see if your hosting can support the forwarding command. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support