cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

A domain trays to use my credit card to be renewed

I had a domain previously and I handed it over to the IT department of my previous company and it has already disappeared from my domains page

Now messages on my email reach me that the domain will be automatically renewed and I have received a message that Godaddy is trying to use my credit card

How do I protect myself and what is the right solution

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: A domain trays to use my credit card to be renewed

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @istohy. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you're still listed as the admin contact on the domain's WHOIS, you will receive email notifications related to the domain's renewal. However, that would be different than messages indicating GoDaddy is trying to charge your payment method. I'd make sure that's not related to something else you have in the account with us. If you don't have any active products in your own account, then I'd recommend getting in touch with the party you provided the domain to make sure your payment information is no longer in their account. If worse comes to worst and you are somehow charged for a purchase in the wrong account, you can contact our Billing department to report the fraudulent charge. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Thanks @JesseW for your support. I contacted the billing team already and they told me that the domain haven't transferred completely. The other party has to accept the transfer. I tried to contact him but still he hasn't accepted the transfer. Currently Godaddy is still trying to charge me although I removed the credit card from the account.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@istohy If you'd like to prevent the domain from renewing, you'll need to disable automatic renewal for the domain in your settings. However, keep in mind that in order to transfer the domain to someone else, the domain will need to be in an active status. If you wait too long to renew it, you might not be able to transfer it at all. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.