cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Account change in progress status for 7 days

I accepted a domain transfer 7 days ago, and I was waiting for it to be done at Godaddy, the two owners are Godaddy accounts, I read it should take about one day only, so why it takes this long and isn't done yet?

Would you help?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Account change in progress status for 7 days

@Ahmed-fathy 

If the domain transfer hasn't completed at this point I would call into support and ask them - when doing account changes (vs a registrar transfer) it should be pretty instant assuming you accepted the domain in the receiving account

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I thought they may see my post and help me here.

The only option on control panel now for me is to cancel the transfer, and i don't want to cancel, so why it's not done till now. all I have there is a message says,

Account change in progress

7 days now, still I see that only message!

Super User III
Super User III

@Ahmed-fathy 

The GoDaddy Community is not a support channel but rather GoDaddy end users helping each other.

My experience with account transfers is that means the account you are transferring it to has not accepted it.

There is an acceptance on your side (sending) acknowledging linked products maybe cancelled as part of the transfer.

The account getting the domain (receiving) also must accept the transfer as they are accepting billing responsibility. Additionally depending on the options selected during the transfer, if you were updating the contact information, they must also click the ICANN verification link as well before the account change will process.

GoDaddy support will be able to assist you further with this

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Ahmed-fathy. Sorry to hear you've had trouble with this. I wanted to mention there was a similar discussion here. Ultimately, in the case of that discussion, there was a problem with browser plugin/caching compatibility that was overcome by using Chrome incognito to approve the transfer requests. If that doesn't help, then your best bet is to continue working with our care Guides to get this sorted out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.