cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Add domain to website

I just simply need to transfer my new domain (just as I purchased it) no addons or anything. I try and it says with or without masking. What do I choose? I just simply want the new domain I purchased to transform to my original website that has nothing to do with godaddy. Hope this is specific enough and not confusing. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Add domain to website

Hi @Mtm

Sounds like you are trying to forward your site, not transfer it. Check out this article that will explain domain forwarding here. Forwarding with masking is when the URL you are forwarding your domain to is not displayed in the browser, just the domain. Forwarding only, is when the URL the domain is being forwarded to is displayed in the browser bar.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

I have a website that was automatically given to me when I joined my company. Full website name shows up in url bar. I am completely changing the whole thing with my godaddy. Sorry I am new at this. Just making sure we are talking about the same thing. I want to use my website name I made on godaddy and when people use my old one it will still direct them to my site if they don’t know my new one🤦‍♀️ I know I’m probably over complicating things. Just want to do it all correctly. Thank you

you bought a domain name which is having backlinks from many high ranked websites and You can simply do 301 redirect which is permanent redirection that domain name to your money making websites and start observing an increase in Google rankings.
you find more on this, just go to https://loudmeout.com/expired-domains-benefits/
Ranjit singh
Solution

Hi @Mtm,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have registered a domain with GoDaddy that you want to have directed to the website that was provided to you by the new company, you can FORWARD the domain. These instructions will help.

If you have created your own website with GoDaddy, but want those with the company address (URL) to get directed to the site you made here, it's not likely that you have control over their assigned URL (https://www.thatcompaniesname/yourname). You will need to either contact them for instruction, or create a link on their home page that your visitors can use to get to your GoDaddy website after they arrive there. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support