cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

After I bought a domain via sedo and transferred to GoDaddy BUT no "use my domain" button shows up

9 REPLIES 9
Super User II
Super User II

Re: After I bought a domain via sedo and transferred to GoDaddy BUT no "use my domain" but

@DMS2  I'd need more information to properly address your issue. When did you initiate the transfer? Is the transfer already complete? Did you check your domain manager? https://dcc.godaddy.com/

---

New

Re: After I bought a domain via sedo and transferred to GoDaddy BUT no "use my domain" but

@justingodfrey  Thank you very much for reaching out to me. 

The transfer was initiated on Sept 1st and is shown as completed.

Also, sedo confirmed the completion from their side.

Yes, I checked the domain manager, that is where I can not see the "use my domain" button.

When I go on the advanced list view, it looks all normal (in comparison to the domains I bought from GoDaddy). When I go under "My Products", I see for all domains a button called "Set up", and when I click on it, I have the choice of four options (Build a website, Set up an email account, Connect to an existing site, and Add Privacy). But for the transferred domain it shows instead of the "Set up" button another button saying just "Add Privacy".

I hope this information helps to find the issue.

Thank you very much for your support.

Super User II
Super User II

@DMS2 wrote:

@justingodfrey  Thank you very much for reaching out to me. 

The transfer was initiated on Sept 1st and is shown as completed.

Also, sedo confirmed the completion from their side.

Yes, I checked the domain manager, that is where I can not see the "use my domain" button.

When I go on the advanced list view, it looks all normal (in comparison to the domains I bought from GoDaddy). When I go under "My Products", I see for all domains a button called "Set up", and when I click on it, I have the choice of four options (Build a website, Set up an email account, Connect to an existing site, and Add Privacy). But for the transferred domain it shows instead of the "Set up" button another button saying just "Add Privacy".

I hope this information helps to find the issue.

Thank you very much for your support.

@DMS2 I think its because the domain was transferred to Godaddy, this doesn't mean that you can't use the domain, it just means that it wasn't newly registered at Godaddy. What are you trying to setup? If you have an existing hosting account or email accounts you can simply add this domain to those accounts.

---

New

@justingodfrey I want to use it for a new website which is still in the design process. I don't have another hosting account or email account yet.

Could it be as well that this domain is still parked at sedo (i.e. the name servers in the DNS Management are sedoparking.com ??

Will the button eventually show up at a later stage? 

Can I still connect it to my new website once I want to launch it and if yes, How?? Since there is no "use my domain" button, GoDaddy does not guide me how to connect it to my website... 

Thanks a lot

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@DMS2 wrote:

@justingodfrey I want to use it for a new website which is still in the design process. I don't have another hosting account or email account yet.

Could it be as well that this domain is still parked at sedo (i.e. the name servers in the DNS Management are sedoparking.com ??

Will the button eventually show up at a later stage? 

Can I still connect it to my new website once I want to launch it and if yes, How?? Since there is no "use my domain" button, GoDaddy does not guide me how to connect it to my website... 

Thanks a lot

@DMS2 It probably has to do with your nameservers, there would be no point for the "use my domain" button because your nameservers are still set to Sedo. I would edit your nameservers and select the top option which are Godaddy's default nameservers.

---

New

@justingodfrey  Sounds reasonable. I will try to fix it this way. I hope that is the root cause.

Thanks a lot.

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@DMS2 wrote:

@justingodfrey  Sounds reasonable. I will try to fix it this way. I hope that is the root cause.

Thanks a lot.

@DMS2 just checking in to see if this worked?

---

New

@justingodfrey  Yap, it did... that was the problem. Thanks for your support.!

Super User II
Super User II

@DMS2 wrote:

@justingodfrey  Yap, it did... that was the problem. Thanks for your support.!

@DMS2  Excellent! Glad I could help!

---