cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

After how many days a deleted domain is made available for re-registeration

In my attempt to transfer my domain from Wordpress to Weebly, I accidentally cancelled my domain from Godaddy.

Now when I am trying to re-purchase the same domain, It is showing as taken Smiley Sad

My question is by when this domain will be made available for purchase by Godaddy so that I can purchase it again.

7 REPLIES 7
Employee
Employee

Re: After how many days a deleted domain is made available for re-registeration

Hello @ruve4545!

Thank you for posting. You should be able to recover your domain. You'd just need to use these steps to recover your domain

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi,

How long after deleting a domain name should it be available to purchase again in the registrar?

I am also trying to get answer of the same question

Solution

Hey @xtechkr,

I would recommend reviewing our Expired Registration Recovery Policy (ERRP) as the time frames outlined here would apply to both expired or canceled domain registrations that have recently been removed from your account. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Still hasn't answered my question:

When someone deletes their domain, when will it be available for someone else to purchase it?

Same question i have. Please let me know when it'll available if i delete?

Highlighted

GoDaddy simply do not want to let you know the dates or times. They also wish to hold onto the domains and will throw it into an endless auction to obviate your recapture of your own domain or another [mostly the latter as I find the $80 fee completely unacceptable as the arbitrary domain fees are a scam enough on their own]. From the ERRP docs ...

Day 1We make the first of three billing attempts to renew the domain name. If the billing fails, the domain name expires and the domain is parked. The domain name can be renewed by the registrant at no extra cost.
Day 4We make the second billing attempt. The domain name can still be renewed by the registrant at no extra cost. Any website or email services associated with the domain name may be interrupted.
Day 12We make the third and final attempt to renew the domain name. The domain name can still be renewable by the registrant at no extra cost.
Day 19The domain name can be renewed by the registrant for the cost of a one-year renewal plus an $80 redemption fee.
Day 25We add the domain name to an expired domain name auction.
Day 30The domain may no longer be redeemed.
Day 36The expired domain name auction ends. If there are no backorders and no bidders in the expired domain name auction, we list the domain name in a closeout auction.
Day 41The closeout auction ends.
Day 42We return the domain name to the registry. The registry may hold the domain before releasing it for general registration.

And most importantly [in bold] ....

A registrant may renew an expired domain name at no extra cost up until day 18. Starting on day 19, an $80 redemption fee will apply. Beginning on day 30, the registrant may attempt to redeem the domain as long as the domain was not awarded to an expired auction winner, closeout auction winner, backorder, or released for general registration (with the additional $80 redemption fee). If the domain is available for renewal and redemption from the registry after day 42, the $80.00 redemption fee is still applicable.

GoDaddy will hold your domain ransom 

Thanks 

DGFunds