cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Transfer Domain away from GoDaddy

I purchased a domain and got my hosting set up with bluehost and now I am trying to transfer my domain over there but when I try to transfer it from GoDaddy it says...

Transfer domain away from GoDaddy (disabled)

Get authorization code (disabled)

I am frustrated and getting more so since GoDaddy's live chat never seems to be open and they do not provide email support. I am on the phone all day at work the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit down and call a customer service number.

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Can't Transfer Domain away from GoDaddy

@MorganSD wrote:

I purchased a domain and got my hosting set up with bluehost and now I am trying to transfer my domain over there but when I try to transfer it from GoDaddy it says...

Transfer domain away from GoDaddy (disabled)

Get authorization code (disabled)

I am frustrated and getting more so since GoDaddy's live chat never seems to be open and they do not provide email support. I am on the phone all day at work the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit down and call a customer service number.

@MorganSD When was the domain registered? Per ICANN rules domain names cannot be transferred to another registrar within 60 days of registration. If this is the case just update your nameservers to the nameservers that bluehost provided for your hosting.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
New

How do you update your name server?  Sorry, not very tech savvy!  Thank you

Solution

Hi @H2350

It just takes a few clicks to update the nameservers on a domain in your account with us. The instructions here will help you out. If you are hosting with another provider, be sure to choose "Custom Nameservers" in your DNS screen.

https://godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support