Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
gozolins
Novice

Cant change my nameservers

Hello,

I changed nameservers of my site. But as I did it first time I’m not quite sure if I did it correct. So what I did step by step following instructions what I found in help section. As my domain was hosted by other enterprise I took nameservers what I found - my domain -dns management – Name servers - ns33.domaincontrol.com, ns34.domaincontrol.com and provided to enterprise with makes hosting of my domain. They made necessary changes. I also read that it takes 48 hours to make these changes. I have done it before 2 days but in section dns management I can see that domain is still using hosted nameservers.

So, as I did first time I’m not quite sure that everything is done correctly or maybe there another problem?

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Cant change my nameservers

@gozolins wrote:

Hello,

I changed nameservers of my site. But as I did it first time I’m not quite sure if I did it correct. So what I did step by step following instructions what I found in help section. As my domain was hosted by other enterprise I took nameservers what I found - my domain -dns management – Name servers - ns33.domaincontrol.com, ns34.domaincontrol.com and provided to enterprise with makes hosting of my domain. They made necessary changes. I also read that it takes 48 hours to make these changes. I have done it before 2 days but in section dns management I can see that domain is still using hosted nameservers.

So, as I did first time I’m not quite sure that everything is done correctly or maybe there another problem?

@gozolins I'm a bit confused. Your hosting company doesn't update the nameservers for you if the domain name is held at Godaddy. You'll need to get the hosting nameservers from your hosting company and then enter those under "nameservers" for the domain at Godaddy.

----

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Mike1431
Novice

I can not change mine either I have them from cloudfare go to enter and save and it’s states they are not available?
Solution

Hi @Mike1431. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Usually, that error means that the nameservers you're entering haven't been registered correctly with the host. I'd suggest double checking the entry to make sure it is correctly formatted. If you are copying and pasting the nameservers from an email or webpage, you may want to copy them into a blank simple text document to strip them of formatting first. You'll also want to make sure you're not including a period at the end of the entry. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Not currently moderating - see Mod Schedule.