cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Complain

How do I lodge a formal complaint.  I ordered and paid for a domain transfer on the 25th of September and it has not been done.  I spoke to the chat line and they said that I have to speak to the back end team who will not be available for another 4.5. days during Australian business hours.  Apparently I have to call back and initiate another call!  My websites and associated email addresses are down and I am loosing business.  If I cannot get help during my business hours why would I use godaddy.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Complain

@vb7 wrote:

How do I lodge a formal complaint.  I ordered and paid for a domain transfer on the 25th of September and it has not been done.  I spoke to the chat line and they said that I have to speak to the back end team who will not be available for another 4.5. days during Australian business hours.  Apparently I have to call back and initiate another call!  My websites and associated email addresses are down and I am loosing business.  If I cannot get help during my business hours why would I use godaddy.

@vb7 Did they say what the issue is? What does the status of the transfer say in your domain manager? When you initiate a transfer your website and email do not change unless you changed the nameservers so the transfer has nothing to do with your site being down.

----

New

Re: Complain

My issue was not that my websites were not woking or that my domaines were in limbo.  My issue was that apparently there was no way in my business hours to have the issue looked at and worse I would have to reinitiate contact with godaddy well after my working day finished if I wanted to get the issue resolved.  I tried two times to have the matter escalated just to be told that I had to call back after Australian business hours to get any help.  I don't know about you but I don't usually work after my business hours for free!  My issue was why couldn't the matter be passed on to the correct team when they commenced work?  I ended up trying a 3rd time and got a very helpful godaddy tech over the phone who listened and escalated the issue.  He was able to resolve the issue whilst I was on the phone.  He also upsold $500 worth of products to me.  If I hadn't have received his help I would have moved my business to a company that was available during my business hours.  If Godaddy wants to service Australian customers why wouldn't they service us during our working hours.  If they can't, I just don't understand why godaddy can't follow up the issue internally (i.e. pass on to the relevant team) without me having to contact a special team over my night time!