cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not transfer from Namecheap

Hi,

If someone could help, it is a little bit urgent, as the deadline is almost here.

I had sold a domain in the godaddy auction and now I have to transfer the domain here (It is registered on Namecheap). But when I try to transfer the domain, I got the following error: "Domain is already registered here".

Whois on the domain, it says clearly that the domain is  registered on namecheap. So why I got that error? How can I solve it?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Could not transfer from Namecheap

Hi @LeonardM. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

That definitely sounds like an unusual situation. If you can share the domain, someone may be able to take a look and see what's going on. You could probably also reach out to our auctions team with questions. Hope you're able to get things resolved in time. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The domain name is revibo.com

Community Manager
Community Manager

@LeonardM. Looks like there is already a transfer for this domain in our system. Likely this was part of the sale process on our end. However, it looks like you have some sort of WHOIS protection on the domain. Generally, that needs to be canceled so a transfer can take place. The transfer codes would have been sent to 3722521dc1864f9485ffe10054647c37.protect@whoisguard.com. If you somehow have access to that address, you might check for the codes there. Otherwise, you might want to cancel the protection with Namecheap and then connect with our customer care team, so they can have the auctions team restart the transfer. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

the protection with namecheap was removed few days ago. and I checked the whois and now it is ok.

I have the transfer codes, but I cant use them as I can't start the first step, which is the initialization of transfer.

In the meanwhile, I have followed your direction, by contacting the transfer team.