cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

DNS still pointing to GoDaddy after transfer

I transferred my domain from GoDaddy to another provider, and was having trouble verifying the domain through Zoho to set up email. When I contacted Zoho regarding my issues, they told me that my DNS is still pointing to GoDaddy. I am admittedly not very good with kind of thing, so I'm unsure if this is something I can change, if this is something GoDaddy needs to change, or if this is something the new provider needs to change. I have nothing listed under Products in my GoDaddy account, and I know the transfer went through. Does anyone know why this would be happening? 

Thank you in advance!! 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: DNS still pointing to GoDaddy after transfer

That would be the nameserver settings in the account that holds the domain, you'll want to point them to where you want to manage the DNS.

Okay, thank you!

Though please forgive me, all this nameserver stuff kind of confuses me.. how do I change the nameserver? Is this a record I need to look for and change where it points to or is it something else?

(Edit)

I think I just found the Nameservers and changed it correctly, it said it might take a little while to change but I'm crossing my fingers it worked! 

Thanks for your help!

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Hopefully this is now sorted out, let us know if you need help.

The DNS zone file is basically a map that directs visitors and email to your domain to the right place.  You get to choose if you want to have that at your domain registrar, hosting provider, or even a 3rd party provider.  So you would use the nameserver addresses from the provider where you want to manage the DNS.