cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain Buying Service

Read the small print - don't get sucked in, you are not buying the domain, merely handing over money to GoDaddy to try to negotiate to buy it.

Save yourself the money and do it yourself.

Avoid!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Domain Buying Service

How??
And thanx for your honesty!!
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Hey there @ErnieB,

Sorry you had that experience! It sounds like you may have misunderstood what the service was. It's clearly explained, both here and here, what the service entails. It's always good to do research on services you're planning on buying so that you can avoid the disappointment of it not doing what you want.

I do agree that trying to do it yourself is a much cheaper option but that would be hard to do if the domain owner has domain protection to hide their contact details. It's a useful service if used correctly.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

If you're interested in a Premium Domain worth possibly hundreds or thousands of dollars Domain Buy Service is a small price to pay to have someone to facilitate the transaction.  I'd always recommend using a third party to verify it goes smooth, be it GoDaddy or another provider the cost is about the same.  Even if you negotiate a deal on your own you should have that middleman to make sure the domain is actually transferred to your account.  Below I'll copy&paste a previous post I made about the benefits and drawbacks of this service...

"

I have never purchased the Domain Buy service as a buyer, but they have contacted me as a potential seller.  It has the benefits of being seen as a serious offer and if an agreement is made you have a 3rd party making sure the transaction between the buyer and seller is on the up and up.

The drawbacks for the buyer are they may not be able to get into contact with the current owner or they may respond back there's no interest in selling.  But if a potential seller does indicate interest in selling there is negotiation on the price.  They can accept an offer, counter offer, decline... but keep in mind there is no obligation for a given domain owner to participate unless they make a deal and they aren't required to give a reason.

So it is a great service if a deal is made, but not so good if it doesn't happen. C'est la vie.

"