cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Forwarding with viewport

Hi, I just bought a domain from godaddy. I just want to use it as a mask for my long url. It works but it looks not good in mobile device. I did some research and found out that I need to input some meta viewport or something like that. I was told to ask the service provider to do this. Did anyone here have the same problem? How did you solve it? Pls need help urgent!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Domain Forwarding with viewport

Hi @trotsky

Just to clarify, what are you trying to accomplish? I want to steer you in the right direction or allow another community member to reply, just not completely sure what you are trying to do. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

i have a hosting from siteground and running a website (www.sosialisalternatif.org). I created another website under the same domain with another directory (https://sosialisalternatif.org/gpw/). Now I bought a domain from godaddy and forward that domain to the other website so that the url wont show (wanitabebas.org).

Now the website looks ok in a pc or a big screen. But on mobile devices, it is not responsive. It doesnt resize properly.

I tried to do some research and found out that the new domain is putting the website in a 'frame'. So I need to insert a 'viewport meta tag' into the 'head' section of the website. How can I do this?

Is there any other way to get around this issue?

Solution

@trotsky There is not a way to do this within our forwarding feature. I'm not an expert on this issue so I wouldn't be able to provide a work around. You might need to add the domain to your hosting vs just forwarding it. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support